Archive for December, 2004
If you have no plans for New Years Eve.
Why not come join us at observitory Hill.
In the city for a night of fun on the grass.
So we have on our hands one of, if not the most, terrible natural disasters of all time. 68,000 people dead. That is a lot of dead people. And they aren’t just a bunch of randoms on the other side of the world. The fact is they are all someone’s family, someone’s mother, daughter, cousin, father, nephew. Like the impact of it doesn’t really hit us here.
68,000 the only way I can get my head to comprehend that is to think in temrs of stadiums. 68,000 was about the number of people the MCG can hold at the moment. And on boxing day watching the cricket as the camera panned across the stadium I thought to myself “man that is a lot of people”.
Well that many people whilst we where watching the cricket where killed by a Tsunami.
Its all a n\bit crazy.
The thing that annoys me about it all, is the news coverage. The first day of news coverage was ok, it told the facts and highlighted the horror of it all. The devastation in these countries affected by the tsunami.
But then the broadcasts all went to the dogs.
Now the big news is 68,000 are dead and amongst them 6 Aussies. Now lets go down to Melbourne airport to talk to the brothers uncle of someone who new one of the Australians. Sure its sad that a hand full of Aussies died but far out. There are 65.000 out there who aren’t aussies. They lived there, they lost their homes, all their families and now any remaining people are going to die of disease and all we care about is 6 australians.
It just annoys me the angle the media take.
Tear has set up a fund to help partner agencies work in the affected areas.
unfortunately this post is no longer true.
Armidale needs the following to make it an interesting place.
that is all.
1. How satisfied where you with the year 2004
d)Not Quite Satisfied
2.Rate the overall productiveness of 2004 for you out of 10. (1 being very unproductive and 10 being too productive I’m about to explode). 6
3. In 6 words or less summarise the year 2004 for you. well it was quite good actually
4. In 6 words or less describe how the year could have been better. well I could have slept more
5. How many times did you vomit in 2004? Unfortunately it would be in the 50’s I reckon
Now the market research section.
6. Do you shop for food? Yes
7. Would you describe yourself as 0 -17 or 18 and above? 18 and above
8. Do you drive? No
9. Do you drive well? I haven’t been arrested
10. Do your friends consider you attractive? Only if its dark
11. Do you consider your friends attractive? I have bad eye sight
12. Do you give money to the poor? Its hard to give yourself money but I try
13. Have you ever invested in Nigeria? No but I did invest quite a lot of time into toms films once, I hear that’s just as dodgy.
14. Have you considered hypnosis as a dating technique? You are getting sleepy
15. What is your education level? Ummm well I attended my HSC
16. Do you want a university Diploma delivered to you in days? Is it free postage?
17. Have you ever read a book? About 5 or 6 in my whole life.
18. Have you ever committed any fatal terrorist attacks? Not since Nam
19. Do you intend to carry firearms on an international flight in the next 12 months? Only if I can pick them up cheap in duty free .
round two of the pocket pc has lasted longer than 24 hours…
been a pretty boring day.
sat around, had a sleep, sat around some more.
I tell you what Armidale is a happening place.
Nothing painful happened though…we are all just sitting around.
a pretty damn good year in the present department.
Hello everyone isn’t it good to reach this time of year again. A time where we come together and pretend we like each other, a time where the world stands still whilst parents convince their children that a fat man will climb down our chimneys and deliver gifts. A time where repetitive annoying songs invade the airwaves. A time where turkey is considered “a special treat”, when really it has the texture of a chicken but the flavour of a car tire.
Christmas is upon us.
The true meaning of Christmas has disappeared and been replaced by a fat man who watches you all year and somehow knows if you have been naughty or nice. He hangs out in shopping centres and lets you sit on his knee if you hand over $10 and get a photo.
Oh tis the season to be jolly.
As we sit in our homes and our relatives homes this Christmas it is important that we do not forget the dangerous world we live in. As john Howard tells us we need to be Alert, not Alarmed.
Therefore the theme of Christmas this year should obviously be terrorism. As we sit around singing carols and exchanging holeproof hero socks we must also be alert. Whilst most people in the house are eating Christmas pudding and riding their new bikes around the living room it is important to have at least one person standing on your roof with an anti aircraft missile ready to fire. Not that anything is going to happen but we need to be Alert and ready.
It would be a sad day if on the 6 o’clock news we see stories of families who have been wiped out by terrorism due to a lack of precaution. The Christmas road toll is bad enough.
Be smart this Christmas and be ALERT.
Here are some handy tips I have come up with to help you get through Christmas.
1. Christmas cake tastes ok if you first burn your mouth with boiling water.
2. Don’t wear socks during the gift opening, this way you don’t embarrass your mother by getting a new pair of socks that you already have.
3. think in the back of your mind that once you make it through the day there is 365 days until you have to go through it again.
4. To minimise family disputes pretend you have lost your voice and don’t get involved in any conversations
5. wear 7 pairs of underpants to pad the impact when your grandfather keeps patting you on the bum and saying “you cheeky mug”
6. Don’t buy your mother weight watchers cook books
7. Eat lots during Christmas lunch so you need to retreat and lay down.
As Christmas only comes but once a year it is important to play it right. To play it safe and to lye low.
Had to take my pocket pc back today cause it broke.
they exchanged it for another one, hopefuly this one will work for more than 24 hours.
Armidale really is an amazing place, you should check out the traffic lights, bothe sets of them.
Here i am in down town Armidale.
I arrived here at 8am.
Came back to my parents house where i threw up then slept for 4 hours.
They bought me my christmas present today.
this little baby.
A HP Ipaq hx 2100 pocket pc.
well i’m getting up at 4:15am tomorrow morning to get to the airport in time for my 6:30 flight to Armidale.
I’ll be in armidale until the 30th but i’ll still be bloggin.
crossing live to gossip central come in howie.
yes i’m standing here in the middle of gossip central with some exciting news.
Robert howie and Jenny Gower are now an item.
Today myself josh and jenny all went to see “Oceans twelve”.
Why did they make another one, Oceans eleven was a good film now they made this piece of junk which ruins the whole experience of the first film.
As soon as holograms or invisibility comes into a film, I’m gone its all over for me. Like in ‘Die another day’ with Bonds car being able to turn invisible. It just takes the whole unbelieveability just that extra step too far it turns from being fun and novel to being stupid.
I’m giving oceans twelve a massive 2 out of 7.
Luckily I used my free ticket to watch it so I t didn’t cost me a scent in money, just cost me in time and wasted brain cells.
never again agree to go shoppiong with 2 middle aged women.
4 hours of it!
“Oh isnt this nice”
“bobby what do you think”
“how about these robbie”
it wasnt all a negative experience my mum did buy me new shoes.
I found a website today where you can make your own christmas carols.
so here is mine, its called
it may take a minute or so to load…
also the site cost money if you want to make your own song unless you put
in the box that says “promotion code”
days off are fun…I”m just sitting around watching the cricket.
jenny bought me the coolest christmas present ever.
she got me a steering whell and it plays noises and has lights and buttons and knobs and suction caps so i can pretend to drive in anyones car.
Those silly eye doctors said i could never drive…bah i’m proving them wrong.
oh and its bright green.