jobs are for noobs
Today I found out that I didn’t get a job that I would have liked quite a lot.
Applying for jobs sucks, my last 2 jobs that i did for several years each involved no applications, interviews or rejection phone calls. Back door employment is my kind of thing. So if you happen to think I would be a great asset to your workplace, invite me to work for you rather than making me go through some depressing application process.
I think I’m defiantly at a stage now where I need to just find any old job. I really didn’t want to get to this. I’m kind of stubborn about not working for money but rather working for something that uses my skills to make a difference and if I get paid for that then what a bonus.But I’m starting to feel that may be a luxury and that I may need to do a job i’m not interested in so that we survive until something more meaningful comes along.
Here are some things I would like in a job, I don’t need all of them and they are in no particular order just thing I would like.
- A job that lets me work from home a day or 2 per week so my son doesn’t just see me on weekends.
- A job that involves educating or supporting people to make some kind of positive difference to the world
- A job that allows me to be creative, humorous and spontaneous
- A job that doesn’t involve wearing a suit
- A job with a christian organisation or institution or church
- A job that actively enforces TOIL
- A job that involves working with others in different parts of the country
- A job where the company goes out of its way to avoid exploiting humans
- A job where workplace computers are macs
- A job where I don’t have to push a product or service on anyone
- A job that involves many different aspects not just one repetitive task
- A job that God has put me in
- A job that is close to good food like gozleme
- A job where exploring new things and thinking outside the norm is encouraged
So I might be a bit picky, now all you have to do is call and offer me a job!