audience participation recipes
2012 is a big year in my online life.
This blog turns 10 years old.
I should get my 200,000th visitor. (although if recent stats are anything to go by that could be pushed back to sometime in 3056)
My twitter account turns 5 years old.
And my last.fm account should hit 30,000 tracks scrobbled
How should I celebrate these events or should I shut my geeky mouth and go back to blogging poo stories?
Who still reads this thing anyway?
Do you think owning and or trading shares is a form of gambling?
Why or why not?
Well if it wasn’t exciting enough celebrating the new financial year, you now get to celebrate 9 years of this blog this month.
So I’ve had a fiddle with the template, what do you think?
It’s no secret that me and wife love DVDs and that our collection is quite large.
We have a policy of only buying stuff that we think we will enjoy watching several times and if possible only buy it on sale.
But as we review our collection there are a few that we probably don’t need anymore.
So we would like to get rid of them (with some monies in return) – they are all in super condition and bought legally.
All you have to do is leave a comment stating which one(s) you want, then I’ll email you and we can sort out the $$$. We are not expecting top dollar but just a bit like you would in a second hand DVD sale.
$1, $2, $750 we don’t care, although if you don’t live near us please make your price at least enough to cover postage.
(please don’t be offended if we are getting rid of stuff you gave us)
- The Color Purple
- Death at a Funeral (UK)
- Dead Man Walking
- Encino Man
- Empire Records
- Face / Off
- Funny People
- High Fidelity
- John Q.
- Striking Distance
- Stuck on You
- Two Hands
- The Eric Bana Sketch Show – entire series
- Gumby’s Greatest Adventures
- Christmas with Gumby
- Review with Myles Barlow – Series 1
- Sleuth 101
- Top Gear Series 10
- Akmal – Live and Uncensored
- The Byrne Identity – Jason Byrne
Like Totally – Dylan Moran Live Monster – Dylan Moran live
- Tim Minchin – So Live
- Cat Empire – On the Attack
A while ago we bought a DVD we already own thinking we didn’t own it, I unwrapped the packaging in excitement thus deeming it un-returnable.
So It’s time to give it away.
The IT Crowd version 3.0
But how could this funny DVD be yours?
I was thinking the first person to offer me a genuine job but think that is a bit far fetched and also I don’t want to clean your toilet.
So instead the DVD will go to the first person to answer this question correctly.
How many paid jobs have I had (Including fusion) ?
I want to do a bit of a survey so feel free to answer the following.
Do you like to buy fair trade, ethical and green products?
If you had the choice would you like to buy these products online or in a store?
What fair trade / ethical / green products would you mostly buy?
If you inherited $1 million thta had to be given to charities, who would you give it to and why?
If you had to spend all the money in your bank in the next 24 hours, what would you do with your money?
The old blog is about to turn 8 years old.
I thought a nice present would be a new banner, continuing the pencil drawn style what should the new banner include?????
I need to blog something but can’t be bothered.
You write something pretending to be me and i’ll put it up.
Seeing as no one cares about my post to win Casino Royale on DVD I’m going to modify the competition so that I can get rid of the DVD.
In case you are wondering, I don’t think it’s a crap film, I just have 2 copies of it. 1 brand new and one old and i’m giving away the new one, that’s how selfless I am.
So to score the DVD just be the 5th person to comment on this post. Not the 5th comment the 5th individual to comment so you can’t just comment 5 times in a row you dodgy, shifty bastards.
Wanna win a super prize?
All you have to do is make me a picture on your computer, the theme if your picture is ‘Howie the Superhero’.
The winning picture will earn you Casino Royale on DVD. (2 Disc brand new).
Make your image then email it to.
Your image should be 450 pixels wide and no taller than 600 pixels.
Entries close when i get bored of waiting.
Also because i’m cheap only people within Australia can win.
I hate it when everyone on facebook has the same status and it’s all to do with some company or promotion.
Anyway the current one is about winning a $10,000 westfield gift card.
If you won what would you buy?
The following are questions that you may like to answer, they are questions I don’t know the answer to but I have come up with them from a bunch of different conversations i’ve had with a bunch of different people lately.
- How did a multinational company spending millions on marketing let isnack2.0 out of the office?
- Why is cityrail releasing a new timetable that will make travel times longer and increase the need for people to change trains mid journey?
- Why is the Government being so soft on climate change and increasing aid to 0.7% of GNI by 2015?
- Why does sticking my finger in my ear guarantee a little chunk of wax on my finger on removal even if the last time I put my finger in was only a few minutes ago?
- Why is there such a desire by Christians and church’s to plant more churches when the ones we have are not full?
- Has my street always been noisy or is it just since i’ve had a son?
- Why is the church in Sydney spending so much money on a marketing campaign that didn’t work in other cities?
- Why do most people think the only way to combat poverty is to sponsor a child and go overseas for 2 weeks with a hammer?
- Why do nose hairs keep poking out the bottom of my nose even though i pluck them?
- Why do i always feel the need to intersperse silliness amongst serious conversation?
Through the years I have given away some pretty amazing prizes on my blog. But not ill compare to what is about to be given away.
In about 10 days time the 100,000th visitor will visit my blog. And if that 100,000th is you then you win…..
A packet of 100′s and 1,000′s and a signed photo of me!!!!
All you have to do is leave a comment when it’s you. You can tell by looking on the sidebar.
1. Barry has $5 and Barry has $4.50, Barry is 4 years older than Barry but 2 weeks younger than Barry, Barry also has 3 sisters, Barry, Barry and Barry who have $8 between them.
What colour is Barry’s shirt?
- 6 months
So I have a coke bottle money box and today it reached it’s limit. It has all sorts of coins in it and at least one $5 note.
How much is in here?
If you are the closest guesser I’ll give you two of the coins that appear the most times. You could win 10 cents or $4
I don’t have an iphone.
someone rectify this problem for me.
I also dont have a macbook pro
this also needs to be rectofied
fruit puree is for chumps.
just aquick poll, have you had your wisdom teeth out? and how was it for you?